Thanks to our expanding team of trainers, we are now able to provide Oshawa personal trainer services! Let us come to you so you can achieve the body you want, in the safety and comfort of your home or neighbourhood. Our Oshawa personal trainers understand that everyone’s goals are different. We can tailor your workout to make it challenging for you. It’s a perfect way to get fit on your terms, and is fantastic for first time moms!
If you’re a first time mom, you know how much your body has changed after giving birth. Your hips may have gotten wider and fat probably accumulates more easily in areas where you never had a problem before, like your stomach, hips and thighs. The changes to your body shape may be bringing you down, but don’t let them get the best of you. You have the capability to shed the pounds that you’ve accumulated from pregnancy. Do it now before it’s too late – a recent study has shown that gaining weight after your first birth can dramatically improve your chances of developing diabetes during your second pregnancy (gestational diabetes). The study, conducted by healthcare organization Kaiser Permanente in California, found that the risk for developing gestational diabetes is double for a woman who gains about 12-17 pounds following their first pregnancy, compared to a woman of the same height whose weight remains stable. Gain more than 18 pounds, and the risk triples. Type 2 diabetes may also develop more easily at a later time, and the child may also be more prone to obesity.
It’s important to note that women will gain weight during pregnancy – it’s only natural. However, excess weight that is a result of fat should be kept to a minimum; what’s healthy should be defined by your doctor.
Some ways to shed the baby fat after childbirth are:
1. Perform gentle exercises, like walking, regularly. Ramp up intensity after a couple of months, after your body has healed and has recovered from the trauma of childbirth.
2. Resist the temptation to finish your baby’s leftovers once they start on solids.
3. Stick to a healthy diet. It’s incredibly important, especially if you’re breastfeeding.
4. Research has found that women who breastfeed for a minimum of 6 months find it easier to reclaim a healthy weight.
5. Talk to us to get started on a bespoke exercise regimen created by your Oshawa personal trainer serving the east of Toronto area!